RT. HON. AMINU WAZIRI TAMBUWAL
HIS EXCELLENCY THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR, SOKOTO STATE
The Office of the Executive Governor was created along with the creation of the State.
This Office is responsible for the effective coordination of all government activities.
He attended Tambuwal Primary School, Tambuwal, Sokoto State, where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate in 1979; and Government Teachers’ College, Dogon-Daji, where he obtained the Teachers Grade 11 Certificate in 1984. He then proceeded to Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto, where he studied Law, graduating with an LLB (Hons) degree in 1991. He completed his one-year compulsory legal studies at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos, obtained his BL and was called to the Bar in 1992.
Besides studying for his law degree, he has also attended several courses abroad, among which are the following: Telecoms Regulatory Master Class–Bath UK, 2004; Lawmaking for the Communications Sectors –BMIT, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2004; Regulating a Competitive Industry-UK, Brussels, 2005; Tulane University – International Legislative Drafting, 2005; Stanford Graduate School of Business – Influence and Negotiation, 2008 and KSG Harvard – Infrastructure in Market Economy, 200
- Member, The Nigerian Bar Association
- Public Relations Officer, The Nigerian Bar Association (1996-1997)
- Member, Constitution Review Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association (1997-1998)
- Sokoto Branch Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association (1997-1998)
- Assistant National Financial Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association (1998-2000)
- First Assistant National Secretary of Nigerian Bar Association (2000-2002)
- Member, Body of Benchers Nigeria
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association